Abbott, Pamela, and Claire Wallace. (2005). An Introduction to Sociology: Feminist Perspectives. (3rd edition) London & New York: Routledge. (Chapter 8: Sexuality, pp. 198-230).
Berg, Rigmor. (1990). Sexuality: Why Do Women Come Off Second Best?. In Grieve, N. and Burns, A. (eds). Australian Women: New Feminist Perspectives. Melbourne: Oxford University Press.
Chung, D. (2005). Violence, control, romance and gender equality: Young women and heterosexual relationships. Women’s Studies International Forum, 28(6): 445-455.
Heise, Lori L. (1995). Violence, Sexuality, and Women’s Lives. In Parker, Richard G. and Gagnon, John H. (eds). Conceiving Sexuality: Approaches to Sex Research in a Postmodern World. New York & London: Routledge.
Holland, Janet, Caroline Ramazanoglu, Sue Sharpe, and Rachel Thomson. (1992). Pleasure, Pressure and Power: Some Contradictions of Gendered Sexuality. The Sociological Review, 40(4).
Levy, Ariel. (2005). Female Chauvinist Pigs: Women and the rise of raunch culture. Melbourne: Schwartz (New York: Free Press).
Maglin, Nan Bauer, and Donna Perry. (eds). ‘Bad Girls’/’Good Girls’: Women, Sex, and Power in the Nineties. New Brunswick, NJ: Rutgers University Press.
Maguire, Emily. (2008). Princesses & Pornstars: Sex, power, identity. Melbourne: Text Publishing.
Moore, Susan, and Doreen Rosenthal. (1993). Gendered Constructions of Sexuality. Chapter 5 in Sexuality in Adolescence. London: Routledge.
Petersen, J. L. and J. S. Hyde (2010). A meta-analytic review of research on gender differences in sexuality, 1993-2007. Psychological Bulletin, 136, 21-38. doi: 10.1037/a0017504;10.1037/a0017504.supp (Supplemental)
Petersen, J. L. and J. S. Hyde (2011). Gender differences in sexual attitudes and behaviors: A review of meta-analytic results and large datasets. Journal of Sex Research 48(2-3): 149-165.
Phillips, Lynn M. (2000). Flirting with Danger: Young Women’s Reflections on Sexuality and Domination. New York University Press.
Redfern, Catherine, and Kristin Aune. (2010). Sexual Freedom and Choice. Chapter 2 in Reclaiming the F Word: The new feminist movement. London: Zed Books (pp. 48-75).
Richardson, Diane (1997). Sexuality and feminism. In Victoria Robinson and Diane Richardson, (eds). Introducing Women’s Studies: Feminist Theory and Practice. Hampshire & London: Macmillan, pp. 152-174.
Travis, Cheryl Brown, and Jacquelyn W. White. (eds). (2000). Sexuality, Society, and Feminism. American Psychological Association..
3. Gender Differences in Sexuality: Results From Meta-Analysis / Janet Shibley Hyde and Mary Beth Oliver.
5 A Normative Perspective of Adolescent Girl’s Developing Sexuality / Deborah P. Welsh, Sharon S. Rostosky, and Myra Christen Kawaguchi.
6. Sexual Roles of Girls and Women: An Ethnocultural Lifespan Perspective / Pamela Trotman Reid and Vanessa M. Bing.
7. Sexuality During Pregnancy and the Year Postpartum / Janet Shibley Hyde and John DeLamater.
8. Menopause and Sexuality:Ageism and Sexism Unite / Sharon S. Rostosky and Cheryl Brown Travis.
10. Beauty, Sexuality, and Identity: The Social Control of Women / Cheryl Brown Travis, Kayce L. Meginnis, and Kristin M.Bardari.
11. Dangerousness, Impotence, Silence, and Invisibility: Heterosexism in the Construction of Women’s Sexuality / Laura S. Brown.
12. A Cultural Context for Sexual Assertiveness in Women / Patricia J. Morokoff.
Valenti, Jessica. (2008). He’s a Stud, She’s a Slut, and 49 Other Double Standards Every Woman Should Know. Seal Press.
Vance, Carole S. (1984). Pleasure and Danger: Towards a Politics of Sexuality. In Vance, Carole S. (ed.). Pleasure and Danger: Exploring Female Sexuality. Boston. London. Melbourne & Henley: Routledge & Kega Paul.