Clatterbaugh, Kenneth. (1997). Contemporary Perspectives on Masculinity: Men, Women, and Politics in Modern Society. 2nd edition, Colorado & Oxford: Westview Press.
1. Introduction to the Men’s Movement.
2. The Conservative Legacy.
3. Feminist Allies: Profeminist Men.
4. Counterattack: the Men’s Rights Movement.
5. The Mythopoetic Movement: Men in Search of Spiritual Growth.
6. A Matter of Class: Socialist Men.
7. Gay Men: the Challenge of Homophobia.
8. African American Men: the Challenge of Racism.
9. Promise Keepers: an Evangelical Christian Men’s Movement.
10. Looking from the Past to the Future.
Flood, Michael. (1996a). State of the Movement. XY: Men, Sex, Politics, 6(3), Winter .
Flood, Michael. (1996b). Four Strands. XY: Men, Sex, Politics, 6(3), Winter .
Flood, Michael. (1998). Men’s Movements. Community Quarterly, No. 46, June, pp. 62-71. (Available at https://xyonline.net/content/mens-movements.)
Flood, Michael. (2007). Men’s movements. In Michael Flood, Judith Kegan Gardiner, Bob Pease & Keith Pringle (Eds.), International Encyclopedia of Men and Masculinities. Routledge, pp. 418-422. (Available at http://xyonline.net/content/mens-movements-encyclopedia-entry.)
Hagan, Kay L. (ed.). (1992). Women Respond to the Men’s Movement. San Francisco: Harper
Kimmel, Michael S. (1995). Misogynists, Masculinist Mentors, and Male Supporters: Men’s Responses to Feminism. In Freeman, Jo. (ed.). (1995). Women: A Feminist Perspective, 5th edition. California: Mayfield Publishing Company
Kimmel, Michael S. (1997). Real Men Join the Movement. Ms Magazine. (1997). Special Issue: Do Men get it?. Vol. VIII No. 3, November/December
Kimmel, Michael S. (ed.). (1995). The Politics of Manhood: Profeminist Men Respond to the Mythopoetic Men’s Movement (and the Mythopoetic Leaders Answer). Philadelphia: Temple University Press
Kimmel, Michael S., and Michael Kaufman. (1994). Weekend Warriors: The New Men’s Movement. In Brod, Harry and Kaufman, Michael. (eds). Theorizing Masculinities. London: Sage (Also in Kimmel, Michael S. (ed.). (1995). The Politics of Manhood)
Kimmel, Michael S., and Thomas E. Mosmiller. (1992). Against the Tide: Pro-feminist Men in the United States, 1776-1990. Boston: Beacon Press.
Kivel, Paul. (1992). The Men’s Movement - Male Backlash?. In Men’s Work: How to Stop the Violence That Tears Our Lives Apart, Hazelden .
Magnuson, Eric Paul. (2007). Changing Men, Transforming Culture: Inside the men’s movement. Boulder; London: Paradigm Publishers.
Messner, Michael A. (1997). Politics of Masculinities: Men in Movements. University of Southern California: Sage.
1. Men and Masculinities.
2. Essentialist Retreats: The Mythopoetic Men’s Movement and the Christian Promise Keepers.
3. The Limits of ‘the Male Sex Role’: The Men’s Liberation and Men’s Rights Movements.
4. Profeminist Engagements: Radical and Socialist Feminist Men’s Movements.
5. Sexual and Racial Identity Politics: Racialized Masculinity Politics and Gay Male Liberation.
6. Backlash or Social Justice?.
Pease, Bob. (2000). Recreating Men: Postmodern Masculinity Politics. London: Sage (Part III, “Transforming Masculinity Politics”)
Pease, Bob. (2002). Men and Gender Relations. Melbourne: Tertiary Press.
3. The men’s movement: Feminism and masculinity politics (pp. 32-48).
14. Beyond Gender Hierarchy: Towards equal partnership with women (pp. 167-175).
Rhode, Deborah L. (1997). Women’s Movements, Men’s Movements. Chapter 8 (pp. 215-239) in Speaking of Sex: The Denial of Sex Equality. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
Schwalbe, Michael. (1996). Unlocking the Iron Cage: The Men’s Movement, Gender Politics, and American Culture. New York: Oxford University Press
Segal, Lynne. (1990). Beyond Gender Hierarchy: Can Men Change?. Chapter 10 in Slow Motion: Changing Masculinities, Changing Men. London: Virago
Young, Bert. (1993). Feminism and Masculinism: A Backlash Response. In Haddad, Tony. (ed.). Men and Masculinities: A Critical Anthology. Toronto: Canadian Scholars’ Press.