What can men do to stop sexism and men's violence against women? What can men do to build gender equality and prevent and reduce men's violence against women?
I wrote a flyer about the steps men can take to end violence against women way back in 1998 (below). Later, I compiled a collection of tips and guides, from a range of sources, in 2009. I've included this below. But I have now also added a range of other guides and sources. These include lengthy, detailed accounts of the kinds of actions men can take (such as my report, Men Speak Up: A toolkit for action in men’s daily lives), and short infographics and other materials. Chris Crass's piece is a particularly strong, intersectional account. Also see Julian Real's piece, available on XY here.
Please see the bottom of this page for various downloadable articles. Also see the list below of links to other, online pieces. Additions are most welcome.
Also see this XY collection on male feminists, men supporting feminism, and so on: https://xyonline.net/content/men-supporting-feminism-male-feminists-etc-xy-collection
- Beckett, Dani, 100 Easy Ways to Make Women's Lives More Bearable, March 9 2018;
- Dawes, Six positive things all men can do to make the world safer for women, Oct 19 2017;
- Futures Without Violence, The Top 10 Things Men Can Do Right Now to Address Sexual Harassment in the Workplace, Dec 6 2017
- Reynolds, How men can show solidarity with the MeToo movement, Feb 24 2018;
- Ruiz, 5 crucial ways men can help end sexual assault, October 17 2017;
- Silverberg, Men, you want to treat women better Here's a list to start with, October 17 2017