ARC Gender Relations is a primary prevention of violence project on Bundjalung Country in the Northern Rivers Region of NSW.
Call for Papers: Youth Masculinities from the Global South
The lives of men and boys are on the agenda in Australia. There is a historically unprecedented level of attention to men and masculinities - in popular debate, media commentary, community programs, and policy
For men who begin to take action in their everyday lives to end violence against women, there are some common mistakes to avoid.
There are growing efforts to engage men and boys in preventing men’s violence against women in the Asia Pacific.
What proportions of women and men call themselves feminists? There are some basic patterns in feminist identification:
Changing Contexts: A Framework for Engaging Male-Oriented Settings in Gender Equality and Violence Prevention – Practitioners’ Guide
Changing Contexts: A Framework for Engaging Male-Oriented Settings in Gender Equality and Violence Prevention – Practitioners’ Guide was developed by Shift: The Project to End Domestic Violence (Canada). It involves non-programmatic approaches to engaging men to enhance gender equality and prevent violence against women. The approach is intended to work effectively “in the middle space between program-based interventions and policy-based approaches”.
The latest XY blogs
More great reading
Also in XY...
- Articles - Over 200 articles on a wide variety of issues, sorted by author or date
- Blog - Read the XY blogs
- Write / Publish - How to contribute to XY.
- Links - A comprehensive collection of over 600 online resources
- The Men’s Bibliography - A comprehensive bibliography of writing on men, masculinities, gender and sexualities
- What is XY? - Who we are, what we do
- Image gallery - All the images on XY
- Contact - Get in touch with XY
- Donate - If you think XY is a good thing, send us some money!
You can also: