There are various efforts to lessen and prevent the demand for prostitution / sex work or for other forms of commercial sex. Men are the vast majority of prostitution clients world-wide, and major actors in the organisation and management of prostitution.
XY includes materials focused on efforts to 'end demand', whether the demand for prostitution / sex work or for other forms of commercial sex. See e.g.
- Don’t Buy It: Reducing men's demand for commercial sex
- Men: Paying for sex is incompatible with gender equality
- Men's roles in sexual violence and exploitation in prostitution and their prevention (Flood, 2009);
- Published scholarship on addressing demand: a bibliography
- Published scholarship on male clients: a bibliography
- Published scholarship on prostitution, sex work, etc.: a bibliography