Caron, Ann F. (1994). Strong Mothers, Strong Sons: Raising Boys in the ‘90s. New York: Henry Holt and Company
Drexler, Peggy. (2005). Raising Boys Without Men: How Maverick Moms Are Creating the Next Generation of Exceptional Men.
Glendinning, Matthew, and Victoria Glendinning. (eds). (year?). Sons and Mothers. London: Virago.
Howard, Jo. (1998). Bringing up Boys: A Parenting Manual for Sole Mothers Raising Boys. Melbourne: ACER (Australian Council for Educational Research) Press.
Howard, Jo. (2001). Mothers & Sons: Bringing up boys as a sole parent. Port Melbourne, VIC: Lothian.
Journal of the Association for Research on Mothering. (2000). Special Issue: Mothers and Sons. 2(1). Includes;
Bringing Our Boyz to Men: Black Men’s Reflections on Their Mother’s Childrearing Influences / Wanda Thomas Bernard.
Restoring the Memories of Joining Between Mother and Son: A Reading of Lorna Goodison’s Maternal Poems / Dannabang Kuwabong.
A Meditation on Mothers and Sons by Nathan’s Mothers / Susan Koppelman.
Sons of Feminists: Learning From Their Talk / Joyce B. Castle.
Deconstructing Mother Guilt: Single Mothers Can Effectively Raise an Emotionally Healthy and Well-Developed Male Child / Robin Gearing and Sandra Campbell.
A Mom and Her Son: Thoughts on Feminist Mothering / Andrea O’Reilly.
The (Male) Advantage of a Feminist Mother / Juanita Ross Epp and Sharon Cook.
Feminist Mothers and Sons: More than Non-Sexist Parenting / Christine Peets.
Klein, Carole. (year?). Mothers and Sons.
O’Reilly, Andrea. (ed.). (2001). Mothers and Sons: Feminism, Masculinity, and the Struggle to Raise Our Sons. Routledge.
Introduction / Andrea O’Reilly.
Section One: Mothering and Motherhood.
1. Who Are We This Time? An Excerpt From American Mom / Mary Kay Blakely.
2. Mothering Sons With Special Needs: One Peacemaker’s Challenge / Jacqueline Haessly.
3. Masculinity, Matriarchy, and Myth: A Black Feminist Perspective / Claudette Lee and Ethel Hill Williams.
4. Mothers of Sons and the Art of Peace Building / Linda Forcey.
5. In Black and White: African American and Anglo-American Feminist Theorizing on the Mother-Son Relationship / Andrea O’Reilly.
Section Two: Men and Masculinities.
6. Swimming Against the Tide: Feminists’ Accounts of Mothering Sons / Alison M. Thomas.
7. Feminist Academic Mothers’ Influences on Their Sons’ Masculinity / Sharon Abbey.
8. Lesbians Raising Sons: Bringing Up a New Breed of Men / Jess Wells.
9. Can Boys Grow Into Mothers? Maternal Thinking and Fathers’ Reflections / Andrea Doucet.
Section Three: Mothers and Sons: Connections and Disconnections.
10. Raisng Relational Boys / Cate Dooley and Nikki Fedele.
11. Attachment and Loss / Janet Sayers.
12. Mother-Son Relationships in the Shadow of War / Amia Leiblich.
13. This is Leave Taking: Mothers, Signatures, and Countermemory / Douglas Sadao Aoki.
Smith, Babette. (1995). Mothers and Sons: The Truth About Mother-Son Relationships. Sydney: Allen & Unwin.
Wells, Jess. (ed.). (1997). Lesbians Raising Sons. Los Angeles and New York: Alyson Books.
XY: Men, Sex, Politics. (1997). Special Issue: Mothers and Sons, 7(1), Winter.